Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Gear and Wishlist

I had two or three people ask me about the "equipment" that I use in my "home studio" so I thought I'd do a little writeup on it. First, lets start by saying that I am playing all of the instruments except for the drums and bass, which are sequenced because I don't own them.


Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top in Wine Red, Cheap (free) Carlo Robelli acoustic, Gemeinhardt flute, King Super 20 tenor saxophone, Yamaha SY22 synthesizer, some harmonicas, a $5 jewharp, Line6 Toneport UX2, Shure bg 1.1 mic, FL Studio 5 Producer Ed., Sibelius 3, and Adobe Audition 2. I use an Onkyo home theatre amp with a pair of Hafler M5 studio monitors. It's working pretty well. I can't wait to get out of college and get some space to myself so I can set everything up in a way that's actually productive. The pictures are mix and match. I'm sure you can figure out what's what.


Of course, this is far from a complete setup. I'm still missing some essentials...

Things I still intend to buy:
Shure SM 57 dynamic mic, Audio Technica AT3035 condenser mic, Small diaphragm condenser, Yamaha RH5MA studio monitor headphones(Merci, Chelsea, de me les achetés!!!), M-Audio EX-P midi expression pedal, and a Geddy Lee signature Fender Jazz Bass.

No comments: